First Name(*)

Invalid Input

Last Name(*)

Invalid Input


Invalid Input


Invalid Input


Invalid Input

By submitting this form, I give consent for GSSTI to use automated technology to call and/or text me at the number provided above, including my wireless number if applicable. I understand that consent is not a condition of purchase.


FAQ 300 1

Below are some of the most commonly asked questions. 

Please feel free to email us with any questions you may have.
You can email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

ou can also fill out the form on our Contact Us page.



Q:  Does the school have national accreditation?

A:  Yes, Garden State Science and Technology Institute is accredited through Council on Occupational Education (COE).  GSSTI is licensed by the New Jersey Department of Education and Department of Labor & Workforce Development.

Q:  How quickly do the classes fill up?

A:  There is no way for GSSTI to determine how quickly the classes are going to be filled.  The best way to ensure that you will get into the class that you want is to get all required paperwork in quickly. There is never a guarantee that anyone will get into a class until they have gone through the entire enrollment process.

Q:  Are there "mock exams" to prepare students for the National License exam?

A:  Yes, we refer to them as "Practice Exam" and you take them upon successful completion of the program.

Q:  Can you guarantee me a job when I graduate?

A:  We cannot guarantee job placement, however, we will certainly provide you with a first-rate education and job placment assistance througout your career.  You'll be able to turn to GSSTI.

Q:  What is the enrollment process like?  How do I get started?

A:  You need to contact an admission advisor to begin the initial process for eventual enrollment.

Q:  Do I need to have a high school diploma or G.E.D.?

A:  To apply for Financial Aid you will need a high school diploma or G.E.D.

Q:  What paperwork do I need to complete to enroll?

A:  All the forms and information are on the document & financial aid checklist.  That sheet is provided in your enrollment folder.

Q:  What if I do not have a copy of my Social Security card or High School diploma?

A:  You cannot meet with the financial advisor until you bring in all the required documents.  You will need to apply for a new social secuirty card at the social secuirty administration office.  If you have lost your high school diploma you will need to bring in an offical high school transcript in the original sealed envelope.  Faxed or open transcripts will not be accepted.

Q:  I do not live with my parents, am I still a dependent? 

A:  If you are under the age of 24, not married, have no children of your own, are not in the armed forces, and are not an orphan, you are considered a dependent regardless of whether or not your parents claim you on thier taxes.  If you are not sure of your dependency status fill our Step 3 in the FAFSA form.  If you answer NO to the questions in that section and it tell you to go to Step 4 you are a depdendent.  We will then need your parent's tax information to complete the financial aid process.

Q:  Does the school offer financial aid?  If so, what kind?

A:  Yes, GSSTI offers financial aid.  We provide a variety of tuition payment options, including state and federal student aid resources such as Pell Grants, Student/Parent Loans, and scholarships.

Q:  Will Financial Aid cover everything?

A:  Financial Aid can certainly help with covering the costs of your tuition.  However, financial aid is not set up to pay for everything.  Based on your income reported to the department of education, an "estimated family contribution" is determined and is used to find the package that fits your needs.  This package consists of three things: Grants (money you do not have to pay back), Subsidized Loans (0% interest loans backed by the government while in school and a grace period after) and Unsubsidized Loans (interest rate capped).

Q:  How do I get Financial Aid appointment?

A:  You may schedule your Financial Aid appointment once you have submitted all Entrance Paperwork that is required.  Please see Step 3 in the Enrollment Process and Requirements for a list of the Entrance Paperwork.

Q: Why do other schools have larger hour requirements to receive certificate of completion?
A: GSSTI trains its students using the "hands-on" approach for learning and practicing various techniques.  GSSTI does not believe that spending an additional 200 or more hours memorizing tens of thousands of terms which do not benefit to improve the skills. This allows our student to complete the program faster, of which over several hours is spend on hands-on practice.

Q: Will I receive a certificate of completion upon graduation?
A: Yes. Upon completion of any of our courses, you will receive a certificate of completion. This includes the completion of any of our continuing education seminars as well.

Q: When are classes offered?
A: GSSTI offers day, night, and weekend classes, conveniently scheduled to accommodate your schedule..

Q: If I start with one class and my work schedule changes, can I continue with another group?
A: Yes. You can switch from one class to another

Q: What is the average class size?
A: At GSSTI we want to ensure that each and every student receives personalized instruction.  Therefore, we keep class sized small, allowing our instructors to supervise our students effectively.  Classes are never larger than 20 students, though the average is about 15 students per class.

Q: What is the difference between certificates of completion and licensing?
A: Certificates of completion are granted by the school to certify that the student has met the educational requirements to be considered a professional.   You must receive a certificate of completion by a New Jersey State licensed school before you can apply for licensing.  Licensing is not required for employment if you work in a medical facility as a support staff member.